EPO Online Services have been designed to allow applicants, attorneys and other users to conduct their business with the European Patent Office electronically in a state-of-the-art secure environment, protected by smart card or username/password access.
With Online Services you can
use the Online Filing software to file the following applications and documents with the EPO
You can also use it to file the following with participating national offices:
- EP, Euro-PCT and PCT applications
- submissions in opposition, appeal, limitation and revocation proceedings
- subsequently filed documents for all EP proceedings
- EP and PCT applications
- national applications and other documents in national procedures
use the Online Fee Payment software: this is a user-friendly online service which allows you to pay fees, in single or batch payments (via batch files created using the Multipay Tool), track fees paid via the Online Filing software, view, print in PDF or download in XML the details of your transactions (e.g. deposit account overviews, account statements, pending orders, the EPO's schedule of fees, etc.)
submit your applications using PatXML which helps you draft your patent documents in Microsoft Word by creating a template with built-in EPC rules
organise your files and receive communications from the EPO using My Files and Mailbox
- My Files allows you to compile a portfolio of folders containing your favourite published files and to view these files in the Online Secure File Inspection section
- The Mailbox service allows professional representatives to benefit from immediate and direct access to a defined list of communications from the EPO online
We invite you to login and navigate through our services. More detailed information is available for each of them. We trust you will find all the information and instructions you need.
The legacy WebRegMT application has been discontinued and is no longer accessible from the online services portal. WebRegMT has been replaced by the new Register Alert and been integrated into the European Patent Register, enabling you to select the files you wish to monitor and to set up user accounts from within the Register. To access Register Alert, please go to https://register.epo.org/espacenet/alert